A Little About Me...
I've been a therapist for a long time, because I love the work I do. The transformations that I see are soul-filled and moving. When a couple tells me "We couldn't have made it without you" I am so honored. I believe that while I was their teacher, their guide, they were also mine and allowed me to be part of their vulnerable journey back to love and wholeness. For this I am grateful. Deeply.
When I see anxiety and trauma wounds diminish and subside you can't imagine my joy. My excitement. I love the work I do. The rewards for me are like the most beautiful flower you can image...in a huge bundle. I teach people so they understand what their body is doing; when they have an anxiety response or trauma reaction. Then, I watch them feel normal again. And then, together, the work begins.
When I'm not in my office you can often find me: at one of the various yoga studios in town, studying spiritual stuff like "A Course In Miracles," growing my brain through Audible books (I'm addicted!), texting or talking to my Gator girls in college, honing my therapy skills with my beloved colleagues at a workshop or consultation meeting, painting with friends at our self appointed "Art Friday" gatherings or having a glass of wine with a dear friend and discussing all of the above. Oh, and did I mention my family that lives locally? Adore.
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT).
- Master's of Science in Marriage & Family Therapy from Nova Southeastern University.
- BA from University of Florida.
Certifications & Advanced Trainings
- Emotionally Focused Couple's Therapy. 1 year Core Skills training.
- Sue Johnson - Emotionally Focused Couple's Therapy. Externship
- John Gottman - Marital Therapy Training.
- Prepare/Enrich. Couple's Marriage Preparation and Enrichment training.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. (EMDR) Level I & II Training.
- Certified Parenting Coordinator. Florida.
- Approved Clinical Supervisor for Marriage & Family Therapist & Mental Health Counselors.
- Director. Orlando Therapy Project, Maitland, Florida.
- Partner. Orlando Counseling Group
- Partner. Sigman Gallagher Initiatives
- Director. Yaletown Family Therapy, Vancouver, BC. Canada
Senior Clinical Service
- Healing House Orlando
- NeuroResoratives Tampa
- Florida Hospital, Employee Assistance Program (Director)
- Vancouver Film Industry (IATSE Local 891)
- Vancouver Hospital & Health Science Centre, Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Hallmark, Siemens, Eli Lilly, Arthur Anderson, Pillsbury, Dupont, Campbell's Soup, McDonalds, Pillsbury, Dupont,Canadian Broadcasting Corp., Peel Regional Police, York Regional Police, Hamilton Wentworth Regional Police, Ministry of Transportation, Min. of Communication & Social Services, Globe TV, Canadian TV, Florida Hospital, FISH Memorial Hospital, Florida Virtual School.
- TalkTalk Roundtables and Community Workshops. Central Florida.
- Marriage & Relationships - The 5 Love Languages
- Anxiety & Worry
- Parenting - The Teenage Brain
Expert Guest Columnist
- Life, Liberty And The Law
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Central Florida Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (CFAMFT)
- American Counseling Association
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Association (EMDRA)
- iVillage Live- Universal Studios, Orlando, Florida. Interviewed in front of a live audience as a "Therapeutic Expert on trauma" for the Virginia Tech shootings. Interview played across national markets on TV and internet.
- Fox News 13, Mom’s Returning to the Workforce. Local Orlando market.
- Channel 13, Hurricane Preparedness and trauma prevention. Local Orlando market.